Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge suggestions
I'm thinking about taking a trip up next week before the 4th. I fished it years ago from a boat and a couple of times on the ice the last couple of years for the small lakers. Looking for any suggestions here or in a pm about spots to try that would be a short run to a ramp if I had to get off the lake quick. I ask because i have a smaller boat 16' and want to play it safe.

I'm interested in kokanee first and small lakers afterwards. All of the good reports have got me interested in going. Thanks for any info provided.
[signature]
Holmes Crossing is where you want to launch. Great koke fishing to the North of boat ramp then easy crossing ( hundreds of yards) to the east side where everyone else fishes. Very safe for small boats, I fished it for years in a 15 ' Gregor.
[signature]
anvil is good also sheep creek .FYI laker fishing is really tough right now .
[signature]
Fish man. Good suggestions on where to launch with short runs and protection. We got a hand full of the smaller
Lakers last weekend up there. They seemed to be in the 60 ft water and liked the silver of green dodgers with light green squired tipped with corn or maggots. Speed 1.5 to 1.7. You can text me at 801-725-7345 while you are up there and I will let you know how we are doing. Be safe and good fishing!!
[signature]
Thanks for the replies guys. It will help with my plans.
[signature]
If you fish the WY. side it cost $30 for your boat plus a $30 stamp for each fisherman. but the fish are bigger on the WY. side
[signature]