Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday at Willard
Tuesday was a 12 fish day. 5 Eyes,3 wipers,2 Cats and 2 Small Mouth. The first two fish caught happened in the first half hour of the day. Doubles. My first reel started singing the the Wiper Battle Cry. As I went for the rod, the second reel started singing a duet. As I fought Wiper 1, I adjusted the drag (loose) on wiper 2 and let the rod holder and bow mount trolling motor fight Wiper #2. I landed the first and then the 2nd. They must have been identical twins coming in at 20 inches each.It was about 7:30 or so. Then nothing for the rest of the morning. I decided it was time to clean fish. I reached for rod # 1 and at the same time,"bendo"! A few minutes later # 2 goes off. From 12:30 to 2:00, I managed to catch 5 Eyes, 2 Small mouth, and #3 Wiper. The last Eye and Last Wiper were the biggest of the day. Here are a few Pics.
Nice! Were you trolling or something else? Any color/speed preference? Most of the fish I've been catching have been around 3 mph.
[signature]
Hi, I was trolling between 2.3 and 3, a black and silver crank.
[signature]
Nice! 12 fish is a good day!
[signature]
Great report Gene after a slow start this year it sure appears you have got it figured out[cool]. I'm going to be hating it when those baby shad start showing up in big numbers.
[signature]
Thanks. I have been fishing a lot recently because I'm afraid the bite may stop. Saturday my Honey and I went out from 6:30 am to 11:30 am. We saw little shad and shad balls on the screen for the first time. The fish cooperated as we trolled through the shad babies, yielding 3 smaller Eyes, 2 Cat Fish and 5 Wipers. The beginning of the end of the bite may be near.
Here are a few pics.
[signature]