Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elk season
It's 100 days to the opening day of the general elk season. Time to get ready.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Yes sir, I did not do gen Elk, just a late season Cow tag. See how it goes.
good luck to you this year!!!
[signature]
Less than 48 days to archery deer and elk, I have a 15 yr old chomping at the bit,
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Practice and scout, rinse, repeat .... Where you heading, anyway?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Same place been for 49yrs, White River, took the trailer up sat night, had an ahour before dark took a little ride, seen about 50 or so head of elk, one bunch of big bulls, a lot of little elk running around, but I'm after deer, got one camera up be putting more out this weekend, I'm dedicated hunter, daughter only has a archery but shes good with that, so I'm looking to get her into some , she tagged out last year, she might even go for elk this year, been trying to talk her into it.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
Years ago when it was still a draw unit I killed a bull in the Johnson Fork area. Do you go between the Right and Left Forks?
[signature]

up the right fork. by strawberry peak.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
My brother in-law and sister have a cabin at the bottom of Timber Canyon. He and his son got a couple of spikes a few years ago up top. Love that country but some of it is hard to hunt. I guess that's why they are there. Good luck. I sure miss hunting in the summer.
[signature]

I wait until November when everybody else says its too cold and stay home, two weeks ago timber was washed out above water hollow couldnt get a truck through, heard the bottom had cement baracades, I guess they dont want to go rescue people, have you heard anything different.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
just found out I drew muzzle cow, so I can take her on any of my deer hunts, same area, my daughter drew pronghorn and cow for oak creek.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
"I guess they dont want to go rescue people"

Been there, done that. When I worked for the Forest Service we went all the way around on the Right Fork of Hobble Creek to where it starts down the Left Fork. We didn't want to cross the big nasty washouts but some people had gone down and crossed a few. When they got to THE BIG ONE they turned around and started back up but couldn't get back over the ones above them. We picked up a pickup load of ragged hikers about sundown. They were happy for the rescue and I hope they learned a lesson. Now I've never done anything like that (mostly) and have lived to tell the tale, too [Wink].
[signature]

7 days until archery elk season, I'm ready.
[signature]
Sounds like fun. I used to enjoy hunting even more than fishing; however, I haven't hunted in over 20 years.[frown]
[signature]
Set up several blinds and our camp yesterday, had to come home today for DR. appointment then off for several weeks if need be.
[signature]
41 days until I am up on some family land chasing a bnull elk and getting skunked
[signature]