Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard last night
Fished it solo for a few hours. Picked up 5 walleye. I didn't see any boils but did see alot of birds diving for shad. Lots and lots of balls of shad on the graph. I was glad i caught what i did with as slow as it was.
[signature]
How were you fishing? Fast crank baits or slow BB on the bottom. Which part of the Reservoir were you at.
A boil is created by fish driving shad to the surface which causes the birds to come. Usually lasts for a minute then stops to move and starts again. Can move quickly and just keeps moving around.
Lots of fun to watch.
[signature]
Trolled cranks. Tried up to 3mph. Best speed was 2 to 2.5. Started in freeway bay, along the south dike, out in front of the south marina, and then north to the middle, west to the west dike. I got them all in the middle going towards the west dike. Got 1 on fire tiger flicker shad, the 4 were on a blue flicker shad behind a planer board.
[signature]
Thanks I to trolled just out from the south marina and over to freeway bay. Saw lots of fish on the sonar but only got one small wiper there.
What size were your baits?
I think mine were to big size 7.
[signature]
Size 5's. I pulled a blue shad rap around in size 7 for a half hour at least.
[signature]