Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Features for Boating HD phone apps
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] [/size][/font][/#800000]
I use the Navionics 'Boating HD' on my phone for ice fishing. This app allows most of the features I enjoy on my boat sonar; markers, tracks, & routes. Invaluable on the ice.

Navionics just announced new features called GPX Import/Export and the Share Location in the phone app (apple & android). To use these new features, you must have a subscription to the app which will cost you $15 a year. It is worth every penny if you ice fish at all.

These new features can be checked out at this link:

[url "https://www.navionics.com/usa/blog/post/new-gpx-import-export-and-more-for-sharing-in-the-boating-app/?utm_source=mailchimp&utm_medium=source&utm_campaign=mobile_r3_2019&utm_content=cta_link"]Navionics[/url]

Your welcome! [cool]

[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] [/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
That would be really helpful especially when the fog sets in when ice fishing at Pineview after dark when you can't see father than 2 feet in front of you....
[signature]
Will this app work if one doesn't have cell service on the body of water?
[signature]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Yes. BUT - you have to save the lake area you will be using the app on BEFORE you go there. Then you can use the map. However, using these new features will not work if there isn't any service.
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
NAVIONICS should pay your $15.

I think I helped Navionics Map deer creek years ago I did not see a lot of map contour lines so I drove all over recording and sent it back to Navionics did that for about 4 years
[signature]
Thanks for the tip!
[signature]