Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake State Park parking
Beware of your parking with truck and boat trailer. My wife launched me/boat and parked on the east side of the offices. The parking lot was just about full with trucks and trailers. She mistakenly parked in a boat prep lane that she didn't realize that was on the end of a row of 10 or more trucks and trailers so it seemed ok to her. The only signage was painted on the surface of the asphalt, and it is difficult to see, really faded and broken up. Obviously she wouldn't have parked there if she seen it. We are not jerks. Simple mistake. Caught up with the officer that issued the parking ticket and asked him about the lack of signage/no signs, and explain that it was an honest mistake, she didn't see the sign on the ground. The lot was busy and she was watching for kids and traffic. He wouldn't discuss any of it at all, basically ignored me? He was plenty busy writing another ticket at the time. After leaving we counted 8 or 9 trucks with tickets. I'm not sure why they got tickets? We could not find any sign that stated there was no trailer parking in that lot? We left Confused? We talked to a lady that was a state employee at the shack at the exit and asked her about it. She suggested we fight the ticket because of the poor signage or lack of. She also mentioned that one officer that works there has setup shop in the parking lot close to the exit and has issued MANY tickets for rolling stops at the exit stop sign. I have fished Willard and other state parks enough and feel like i might be rear ended if I stop with traffic behind me if there is a stop sign. It seems the norm is at least a rolling stop.

Later found out the officer is the park manager. I would think there would be better things to do on the 4th of July down there than write parking tickets with poor or no signage at all? The parks boat was in it's slip, and there was many idiots in the marina when we went out and come back in. One guy was on plane for hell sakes and Barney is in the parking lot writing tickets? WOW. Somethings wrong with that. So beware of Josh Holt aka Barney. My opinion is that they are running a scam down there, it's a trap, and it's gonna be hard for me to return even when having a park pass. Lindon and American Fork is closer for us anyways.

Rant over.
[signature]