Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge report
Just got back from 3 days at FG. We decided to rough it this time by camping at Lucerne campground. Actually I think we enjoyed the camping more than staying in the motel.
We didn’t get there until mid-day on Tuesday. We stopped and fished the red cliff area out of Sheep Creek. I was surprised to get a few kokes to bite that time of day. We went on over to Lucerne and set up camp but didn’t fish that evening because the wind came up.
Wednesday morning we started about 6:30 at the pipeline. Fishing wasn’t bad, managed to get our limits by about 11:00. In the afternoon we went in to Manila for an ice cream. While there I talked with a couple of regular FG anglers. They had fished the Buckboard area that morning and done well. It seems like the kokes have become tired of orange. Pink weddings rings and pink apex lures were best for us.
I spoke with a couple that had done very well jigging for laker pups above Buckboard. It was interesting to note that they were full of crawfish.
This morning we went back to the pipeline and struggled to pick up a couple more kokes. However, the last one was the biggest of the trip. I was surprised by the large number of boats fishing today.
All in all the fishing we good but not near what it was last month.
[signature]
Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Good report, fun is what its about. I haven't camped there since 2012, I'm lucky enough to get a day trip or 2 there during the summer as the 3hr trip wears on the soul.
[signature]