Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nelly koked
First time fishing the Nell for kokes. So far 9 nice fish. Biggest 18" pushing 3lbs.

Ended up with 11 kokes total. Pink 3.5" RMT Dodger followed by RMT pink billed squid down 30ft at 1.6mph in front of the dam.
[signature]
Nice job Scott, Did you get rained on? Guess the rain might actually help keep the play boaters away.
[signature]
Very nice ,
I have not fished Jordanelle before. I want to try it next weekend .
Any suggestions where on the lake I should go for the Kokes?
[signature]
Sushi snyone...
[signature]
Well.... we got some sprinkles at 10:40ish with 10 in the box. So we started stowing gear.
#11 came when we started pulling lines in, the purple kokanee killer line finally hit at 35 ft down. I had it behind a 5.5" Bahama mama.

Off the water before 11.

Great day, stained water and 70 degree water temp.
[signature]
By the dam.
[signature]
Looks like a good day! I think Jordanelle is becoming a great Kokanee lake!
[signature]
Looks delicious, but, no thanks. You know, when you eat sushi at a local restuarant they are required to freeze any fresh seafood for 3 days at a certain temp to, hopefully, kill any parasites, right? At least that's what I was told at Tsunami when I sold them some king salmon eggs a few years ago. I was unaware about that until then. Just FYI.
[signature]
He's right, but sometimes I make Salmon Poke right at camp.
Live dangerously.
[signature]
[quote fishday]Looks delicious, but, no thanks. You know, when you eat sushi at a local restuarant they are required to freeze any fresh seafood for 3 days at a certain temp to, hopefully, kill any parasites, right? At least that's what I was told at Tsunami when I sold them some king salmon eggs a few years ago. I was unaware about that until then. Just FYI.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Fishday is correct; seafood should always be cooked/frozen before eating. Here is what the[/size][/#800000][/font] [url "https://www.fda.gov/food/buy-store-serve-safe-food/selecting-and-serving-fresh-and-frozen-seafood-safely"]FDA[/url] [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]has to say about this:[/size][/#800000][/font]
[quote FDA]Eating Raw Seafood - What You Need To Know
It's always best to cook seafood thoroughly to minimize the risk of foodborne illness. However, if you choose to eat raw fish anyway, one rule of thumb is to eat fish that has been previously frozen.
[ol][li]Some species of fish can contain parasites, and freezing will kill any parasites that may be present.[/li][li]However, be aware that freezing doesn't kill all harmful germs. That's why the safest route is to cook your seafood.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]It is absolutely your choice to eat fresh caught raw fish, but you are playing Russian Roulette when you ignore these safety guidelines.[/size][/#800000][/font][/li][/ol]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Ok thanks for the advice. Been eating raw kokes ever since we learned to catch them.
[signature]
Didn't want to rain on your parade RM--just tryin to help ya out. A tape worm would be nasty to have. That is unless you're trying to lose weight, in which case you might welcome one.
[signature]