Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mill Meadow
I fished Mill Meadow a few times last week from shore.

I stuck pretty much to the North end of the lake. Unfortunately, the perch are back and caught several.

I tried a few different bait combos. The first day everything caught was done so by using a 3/4 full water bubble with a swivel below it, then a 3' leader with a piece of worm. We also caught a couple rainbows around 8-10" and one 15" tiger trout, along with several pesky perch. One perch was even caught on a Jake's lure.....and the perch was barely longer than the lure.

The next day we tried fishing top and bottom again. Several perch on top and bottom, but all trout caught were from the bubble / worm combo. All were 8-10" rainbow.

Not the most productive day fishing, but fun nonetheless.

Oh, and the water level is getting quite low, typical this time of year. Plan on a little walk from your vehicle to the water. Don't try to drive down to the water unless you have a tow truck with you. There are a couple of places you might get away with it, but a lot of hidden soft spots, as is evidenced by the deep ruts where someone found them.
[signature]
Any size to the perch?
[signature]
There was size...... but the size was small or extra small.
[signature]
Well I was hoping for a few larger ones, Oh well thanks for your reply.
[signature]
Sad to hear that Mill Meadow is producing so small of fish. I grew up fishing Mill Meadow (that was many moons ago) and we always caught nice sized rainbows out of there. I see that they now have a boat ramp. Is this a paved boat ramp and is it usable now?
[signature]
My dad is from there so i grew up fishing it as well.
There is a concrete ramp you can launch from but it's very long, narrow, and steep. Not for beginners and not good for big boats. I did see a pontoon in there last week, though.
[signature]