Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview help
My Wife and I were directed to go camping at Pineview and sine I am not familiar I could use some help.
1- Best spots to camp?
2- Best fish to target and what time of day?

I have a small aluminum boat we will be using so if trolling is involved, great!

Thank in advance!
[signature]
Staw away until it gets colder is my advice.
[signature]
Never camped up at Pineview, but in a small boat (I have a 14' Lund) I wouldn't advise being on the water on a weekend. Maybe early morning during the week, but even then it is an iffy proposition. Pineview is where all the younger power squadron boaters go to party. It is a perfect example of "more boat than brains". Weber County owns and patrols that body of water and have gotten pretty strict on alcohol use, but even stone cold sober, many of the college age kids running their daddy's expensive big boats, and sometimes even the daddies themselves just have no regard for any smaller water craft.
If you do go, PLEASE be sure all in your boat are WEARING their life jackets. We don't need another "Strawberry" incident.
Good luck, have fun, and keep a third eye on those power squadron partiers.

[fishin]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Yep, these guys are right about how busy pine view is on the weekends.
Fish early morning, I would try some top water this time of year. I’ve done very well this time of year in the past with a black buzz bait and a top raider. If trolling try jointed rapalas j-9 or j-11 in firetiger and perch.
hope this helps,
[signature]
Pinewiew is an accident waiting to happen for small boats. I would suggest Hyrum Res. in Cache county. It still gets the power squadron at midday, but it has lots of shoreline East of the ramp that has submerged trees and weeds that is very fishable from a small boat. Bass and Perch would be the target fish there. Troll the outside edge of the weeds for bass or cast spinner baits into the weeds. If you want trout, just go out a little deeper and troll a rapala or typical trout lures.
I was there today making a contour map of the edges and saw several trout caught out deeper. After mapping I trolled a Rattle-Trap along the weeds on the South side for an hour and picked up several small bass. They are still there, unharmed, except for a sore lip.
They have campsites and day use areas. Contact Hyrum State Park for camping Reservations.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Thank you all for the suggestions, unfortunatlly, all the camping spots are filled and we will have to find another place to venture to.
[signature]
Stopped going to Pineview before the first freeze of the year after the second time I watched a guy crank his stereo system to full and do slow laps around the narrows while staring at all the shore and boat fishermen, getting as close to everyone as he possibly could. This happened twice, separate weekends. Pineview power squadron folks are garbage.
[signature]
I completely agree. But you have to blame the law enforcement people, they have no control, and I never see them even try. Take a hand full of rocks.
[signature]
Statute of Limitations has long expired, so...

Many years ago, I was bank fishing the south side of Pineview. A jet skier decided to make multiple passes getting as close to me as he could. He finally fell off making a sharp turn right in front of me. I asked him to play elsewhere, nicely. He shot back that this was his hobby and he'd do it wherever he pleased.

When he came back even closer a bit later, I pulled my .357 Magnum and put a hollowpoint geyser a few feet ahead of his bow. He fell off again and started yelling.

I held up the revolver and replied, "This is my hobby and I'll do it wherever I want."

He got on and raced back to the other side. And I packed up and left - before the sheriff could arrive.

I do NOT recommend doing anything like that.
[signature]
Take pictures when you can.
My dad used a flipper.
[signature]
Does anyone know what the charge is to launch at pineview?
[signature]
$18
"But you have to blame the law enforcement people, they have no control, and I never see them even try. "

Funny opinion, I'd put more blame on the boaters abusing their privileges. Or maybe even the county's managers who feel that one deputy is enough to cover the entire upper valley, including Huntsville, Avon, Eden, Liberty, Monte Cristo's many camp grounds, Pineview, and Causey.

The other day they responded to causey with a jet ski for a possible drowning, they ended up catching flak on here for going over the wakeless speed. Sure hope when one of us need help they come quickly.

Sheriff Arbon is making some great changes, have you expressed your concerns directly to him? It may at least help move us in the right direction.
[signature]
Doesn't look like anyone has mentioned that if you drive about another half hour up the road you can go to Echo Res. The east side still allows camping, as far as I know. When I drive by during the week there are usually only 3 or 4 boats on the whole lake! Just another option, to get you away from the masses.
[signature]
Ha ha. This made me laugh. Your signature at the end of your posts looks to be spot on. Up until this reply, the posts of yours I have read sure sounded responsible and mature.
[signature]
Isn't that what paintball guns are for? Oops, did I say that out loud?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thats what you can expect from an old Air Force jet jockey and the "voice of NASA" some sound reasoning, and then some outright crazy stuff.
But a great guy by any measurement.............[fishon]
[signature]

Cool
Craig, I have had that exact same idea. I stopped carrying my 9mm XDM when I go to Willard for just that reason.............too tempted to put some holes below some jerks water line.............. and a paintball gun........well one of those kids may not know the difference between it and an "assault rifle" and call me in as an "active shooter".
I guess best thing is a good set of binoculars to read the hull number and good telephoto camera.

Maybe I should take Ahi1953 with me...........he is good with a camera [Wink]
[signature]

Cool
I think the next time I go through the gate I'll ask for a phone number for law enforcement.
[signature]
"My dad used a flipper."

Not clear what you meant by that. Does that refer to the middle finger?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.