Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speed run to Lindon 8-1-19
[#0000FF]As we both know...all too well...our abilities to move fast diminishes with age. That's true in all areas. Especially in a float tube. Time lapse photography would make me look better than a radar gun.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I used to be able to throw up a rooster tail with my fins. Well, maybe for one or two kicks. But today I use the fins mostly for slowly moving around in a chosen fishing area...hands free. Having the 40# thrust electric does give me more speed and greater range from my launch spot.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Thankfully my knees have held up and I can still motate in a tube...even if not very fast.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Glad you like the kitties.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Have you been getting out much?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Next time could you type a little slower--I have a hard time keeping up when you go so fast. That goes for all you blabber-fingers out there.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[#0000ff]Look who's talking (typing).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Reminds me of the old joke about a (fill in the group of your choice). One guy said he had a good joke to tell about (group). Someone irately responded "Hey, I am a (group)". To which the jokester replied..."Okay, I'll tell it real slow."
[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Have you been getting out much?

Not enough! We have been hitting Rockport and Echo mostly. The rising/falliing water has been providing the SMB with a huge feast of bugs, worms, small rodents, and crayfish. Add to that the perch spawn and it has been super fishing, 40, 50+ days on the SMB with a few perch and assorted trout thrown in. Been fun though. Love having Echo available now as a St. Park. The new park they are building will be fantastic.
[#0000FF]Yeah, I only hit Echo once last year as the water was draining out fast. Good fishing though and I plan to visit more later this year. I agree that making it a state park was a real positive. Looking forward to the planned improvements. Let's just hope it doesn't become the next Deer Creek or Pineview for the power squadron crowd.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]