Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jmax, Lake Balboa, Arkansas, Bass, 08/2/19, Alone
I have not been fishing in over a week and was starting to have withdrawals and weak in the knees. Decided I had better go. emoBigSmile It has been hot and humid here and today was a little better with mostly over cast sky. Got a late start and hit the water at 9 a.m. No schoolers today at all, not even a ripple this morning. There were a few little ones that came up around mid day but no size. Had to go deep. Working my depth finder I kept seeing fish from 15 to 25 feet. So that is the depths I mostly fished. It was slow but consistent. In the six hours I was out I put 10 bass in the boat with 7 of those being decent keeper. Three were small only around 12 inches. Best one was a 4 lb 9 ozer that was long and skinny. The pic as usual when you take it yourself does not do it justice. All but one came off the ol'faithful shakey and the one came off a deep crank. Lost two others reeling them in. Also missed several others. Not a bad day for this time of year around here and with the best five going about 14 and a half that is not bad for around here either. emoThumbsup <br /><br />Water temp was 87 degrees when I started. Had to have some kind of structure on the drops in that 15 to 25 foot range. Tried to find rocks and brush piles. emoGeezer <br /><br />Keep the reports coming, love to read them, thanks to all who post! emoThanks Jmax