Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake weekend... day 1
3 Aug. Oldest son and I went to Lindon. Been about 16 years since the last time I was on the water out of Lindon. That is a pretty nice small marina. Had the boat launching just before 0700. Turned left out of the marina, headed south to the bubble-up buoy line. Now TD had said something about someone having messed with those buoys. They looked like perfectly normal marker buoys to me.....[Wink]

Sonar showed fish thick as Georgia bugs on a bumper. Dropped anchor in what we figured was as good a spot as any. First whitie boated in just a few minutes. 9 minutes later, son had his first whitie in the well. Good, now no skunk.

Proceeded to go that way most of the day. I catch one, he catch one. White Bass, then Cats, then Whities again. We were fishing one line on the bottom with no added weight, just a chunk of WB on a 5/0 Circle hook or 6/0 Octopus hook, and one lighter 6 lb. mono line with a 3/16 oz. jig head and a 2" Gulp plastic of various kinds.

Had to take a short break about 0920, small rain squall moved thru. Raining straight down, just enough breeze to make the rain cooled air feel good. We stood under the sun shade, the fish stopped harassing our baits and plastics for just a few minutes. Then rain stopped, clouds moved off, fish went back to biting........[sly]

Most of our day was spent in one spot..........believers in you don't leave fish to find fish. But wanting to get some of the area charted and way-pointed we moved over to a spot just off the buoys. that spot rewarded us with 2 last Cats.

Days score...15 White Bass caught and kept for future bait. 11 Cats boated but didn't photo all. 2 large, bad attitude "somethings" lost at the boat. Checked son's braided line, knots were slipping off hook eye. Fixed that and conducted some remedial knot tying training.................[Wink]

Called it a good day and headed back to the dock at 1200 . [cool] [fishon]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Watch out Forest, that lake might convert you to a southerner![Wink][angelic] Ha, Ha! Nice fish and nice report.
[signature]
Yea Paul. Retiring next year, have been looking at possible locations in the American Fork to Springville area. Close to UL and not too far a commute to Ogden area for grandkids, etc. But staying a Northern Team member for the foreseeable future.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool