Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake questions
I have a friend who is headed to Bear Lake this weekend and has asked me for help . I have never been to Bear Lake let alone fished it. What are any tips or tricks that may be useful for fishing from the shore. Thanks
[signature]
Shore fishing Bear Lake can be tough, but some places to try that have worked for me in the past are in the areas where streams enter the lake and off areas where the water gets deep fast. State park marina or east side around Cisco beach. You can fish bait (Cisco or chub) on the bottom or I’ve caught fish on spoons or bigger jigs but you have to let them sink and fish near the bottom this time of year. Check out DWR report for Bear Lake it is usually really good. Try to convert what they say to a bank application. Good luck. J
[signature]
very early in the morning and late evening you can catch some fish feeding shore line but they are few and far between.
[signature]
There are two community ponds in the area that can be decent too and will at least give you some tugs, if your friend strikes out on the lake.
[signature]