Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview dead crappie
[#0000FF]Yeah, that was a fun day. A couple of pics enclosed of the fish you mentioned. Hooked it on a light rod and 6# line...on a tandem jig rig. By the end of the battle the tiger had bitten through the line with the jig on which I had hooked the crappie. But he had the line wrapped around his tail and the other small jig hooked there. A long follow and delicate battle tactics brought him up for a picture. Didn't want to stress it further by netting so I just broke it off and let it show off its new piercing to the other tigers. Estimated length maybe 36 to 38".[/#0000FF]

[#0000FF]As I mentioned in a previous post, the crappies are active and catchable in 20' of water by the end of September...before the water cools past the 60 degree mark. They bite harder, fight harder and are easy to release without using a descender. Let's just hope this is another year we can catch some decent sized fish.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Hey I resemble that riff raff in the back ground... Guess I'll be hunting deer that time of year this year, so I may have to go before or after... Hope it will be a good year...

I Can't believe it's already mid August... I'm actually between hay crops for a change, so i hope I can get out sometime this weekend to see if I can catch something... Well I guess I should cut my grain, but we'll see what I get done... Thanks for the memories.. Later Jeff
[signature]

how many cuts are you going to get this year??
[#0000FF]As soon as the power squadron diminishes a bit and they quit charging launch fees I will be doing some R&D on Pineview. And I know a couple of other regulars who will keep me informed, so if the crappies are "on"...and worthwhile size...I will let you know.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Let's hope. Also hoping for some bigger perch this year.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
My third is almost ready to go, so I expect I’ll get four good cuttings, but growth really slows down fast after the days start to get shorter. I think I’ll let it grow a little longer on third so I get a good yield and take my chances on getting rained out during forth crop. Been a good year with really pretty hay. But I sure have missed fishing. Later J
[signature]
Hey Pat that sounds really good to me... I'll try to get the fall work done quickly so I can go play when they get on the bite... Thanks J
[signature]
Ya my crappie munchin Tiger jumped in the air and spit him out. It was an exciting fight for about 5 minutes though on my little 5 foot rod.
[signature]
Wow that had to be a rush to see that. That’s why we love fishing. Thanks J
[signature]
Something that really isn't talked about is the amount of fisherman who have basically left pineview to its demise. The lack of regulation and amount of ass hats in oversized boats on pineview have driven fisherman away. Sure some still fish it regularly but many wait until ice season starts. This can definitely have a negative impact on fish harvests and over population. Regardless it's not even worth discussing with DWR....the state has sold its sole to the power squadron money....
[signature]
Hopefully shooting geese and pheasant out of your grain helps ease the pain?
[signature]
Might just work, the field is next to the marsh, just wish it was bigger so they would key into it. Something to watch anyway. J
[signature]
We need to follow other states that have h.p. restrictions on certain days of the week, or wakeless days.
I would sign a petition in less than a second to have 15hp max or wakeless only every other day of the year.
Not only on Pineview, but on every lake deemed ‘congested’.
Willard,Echo, Deer Creek, possibly Sand Hollow and Quail
, Starvation,come immediately to mind.
Others you may suggest?
[signature]
I'm not sure if its allowed or not but fishing in the boat at 11pm the other night and idiots pulling wakeboarders using spot lights....insane!
[signature]
That is definitely not only illegal, but downright stupid. Skiers, wake boarders, wave runners, small yaks, canoes, tubes, other flotation devices, are not usually correctly equipped with nav lights. The Utah state boating regulations I read, say those type of water borne activities are supposed to cease at sundown.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Yeah I read in the proclamation from sunrise to sunset.
[signature]
That's correct. Pretty impossible to see a downed skier in the water at night, even if the tow boat is waving the orange flag............[:/]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I had a big Angry post typed up about those three drunk idiots that hit and killed a University of Utah professor at Pineview in the Narrows but instead of describing that in detail I'll let folks look into it themselves.

The bad behavior at Pineview is astounding. One of those same days I was there with the guy blasting his stereo some fools had created a blockage halfway across the mouth of the Narrows by connecting two separate groups of boats attached to each other, obviously arranged to create somewhat of a gate or wall. I've watched guys in jetboats going around in circles to create a bowl of outward traveling waves just to watch them go out and rock everyone else's watercraft clear to the shore. Not to mention the screaming arguments across the water.

Granted I have not been there during the summer since the alcohol ban in August of 2017 but this being Utah I don't imagine there's a shortage of idiots who never drank alcohol to begin with.
[signature]