Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 8/7
I've been thinking I needed to smoke some kitties so I headed out to the South Marina this morning. Arrived at 6:30 and fishing by 7AM. I've been reading about Santee rigs so I decided to give them a try. First catfish was hooked 50 feet off the ramp and I put the third in the basket as I left the inlet and entered the lake. By the time I got to the feed lot a limit was caught and in the basket. Continued to catch and release cats for a couple hours then turned around and kicked back to the Marina. More fish tormented on the way home. Found the most fish in 14 FOW. Seemed like 50 yards or so off the dike was a good distance. Either drifting or kicking at 1/2 mile an hour was about the right speed to drag the rig behind me. Turned out to be a pretty decent morning.
[signature]
Nice sounds like you should use the Santee more often
[signature]
[#0000FF]Nice work. Any fly-flinging for smallies or others?[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]See ya tomorrow. Got some new trinkets fer ya.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Sounds like you had them dialed in pretty well. Thanks for the report and pictures. The bright color of your float probably helped a lot. FLIGs, FLAITs, Santee Cooper are all similar presentations.
[signature]
FatBiker,

I’ve been reading up, and watching YouTube videos about different Catfish Rigs.

If you would, tell us a little more about how you setup your Santee Rig. Hook type and size. Sinker/Weight type and size. Peg float size. Leader lb. test, mono, Floro, or braid. Mainline type and lb. test. Preferred bait for Channel Cats.

Thanks
[signature]
"If you would, tell us a little more about how you setup your Santee Rig. Hook type and size. Sinker/Weight type and size. Peg float size. Leader lb. test, mono, Floro, or braid. Mainline type and lb. test. Preferred bait for Channel Cats."

[#0000FF]I'm sure FB will provide a personal answer to the way he presents it. But for some background you might get something out of the online article I have attached.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks TD,

There was a lot of good information in the article that you shared. It also had other links to articles by Chad Ferguson at catfishedge.com.

Chad Ferguson also has some good cat fishing videos on YouTube.

Brian
[signature]
TDs article nailed it. Deiter Mahorn is my personal favorite You Tube cat fishing guy. Got up this morning and realized all my perch fillets had been used. Cut up some chicken breast instead. Kitties seemed to like it.
[signature]