Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL 8/8/19
Started shortly before 8 launching at Lincoln. BLK was only truck in parking lot and was gone when we got back. Anyhow we headed to the island where we tried 4 spots over the course of an hour and a half only pulling in 5 fish amongst Jim, my 4 boys and myself. We headed towards the weeds north of sandy beach. We were able to get some success here. Devon picked up a 28”er and Tyler got a 25”. Both were good for the contest for youth. It died down so moved to outer edge of mud lake where we had more success and Devon got a 27.5”er for another bump, little turd is beating his dad now... oh well that is the preferred way in my mind. We finished the day with about 40 fish boated. I took 9 home for a fish fry again with my neighbor. My oldest son eats 2 fish by himself. The joys of feeding all boys. We left around 130 just as the wind was picking up and the water was white capping. Today fishing on the bottom was more affective than on a bobber and it was mixed between wb and worm with shrimp.
[signature]
I'm glad you had a good trip and way to go sticking it out until you found some fish. It is fun when the youngsters catch bigger fish, but not so fun when they rub it in[Wink]

Thanks for the report and keep up the good work.
[signature]
I got to get back out there!
[signature]
Our last 2 trips to the island were disappointing. Going to mud lake paid off. We had been killing it at the island catching over 200 in 4 trips but it just died for us. When we waved to mud lake we caught over 30 in 4 hours.
[signature]
Wow! I got to up my game!
[signature]
[quote Justaguywaworm]Wow! I got to up my game![/quote]

[#0000FF]Flig 'em.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Speaking of Fligs - Last Saturday night we headed out with a few fresh fligs straight out of the basement. [Wink]

I started the evening with a 3 in coat hanger on a gorilla flig then I downsized mid size flig size 2 hook w/ White Bass. I still wasn't getting any hits, but my brother in law was dragging on the bottom with no fligs was getting the bites.

So I being a Tube Dude Disciple I wouldn't let myself be out fished by a non fliggler so I changed my weight to 3/8 oz to keep it on the bottom. It worked I got all the bites the rest of the night.

I think my bigger fligs need more weight.
[signature]
[#0000FF]There are a lot of variables...flig size, amount of weight, speed, length of leader, size and type of bait, etc. Sometimes it does take some tweaking to get the setup just right. But when you get it right those things work. I actually caught a fish on one once.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]