Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epic day in Idaho
I just want to brag a little bit, I took my father in law and nephew Kokanee fishing at Ririe in Idaho today, we caught 44 Kokanee 1 short of a 3 man limit in Idaho. I posted a full report with details on the Idaho board.
[signature]
Wow!! That is a years worth for me! When did you go?
Congrats,
[signature]
I went on Saturday 8/10, the fish are starting to change, but They will be great smoked:
[signature]
nice job you have the right to brag

I may need to find that place
looks like they have good size
[signature]
Thanks Robert that means a lot coming from an expert like you. I have learned a lot from your post. It will be hard for me to top a day like yesterday. I’m going to give Jordanelle a shot this week getting limits there might be a let down at this point. The size is up this year and the numbers are down, there’s a discussion on the Idaho board about how tough it has been this year the fish have been scattered untill now I think they are schooling up near where they where planted because there is no spawning habitat for them in Ririe. Most winters Ririe provides great Ice fishing for Kokanee but this past winter they did not show up in great numbers.
[signature]
What a trip. That haul is going to keep the smoker working hard
[signature]
Thanks for sharing the information. Nice catch! PM sent!
[signature]
Niceeee catch, Ririe is a fine fishery. I make an annual trip up there with a local who lives in Ammon. It's been yielding some nice size kokes this year.
[signature]