Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek Campground
Has anyone done the walk-up campsites at Soldier Creek campground? How do you pay for the site? We will be arriving this Thursday evening, and it may be a little late. Though we will be tent camping, I need to make sure the parking has enough room for my truck and a 25' pontoon boat. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Also, any tips would be great. Will be fishing from the boat and I do have downriggers.
Thanks!
[signature]
Was there last weekend, Stayed in area B. There are 3 camp areas at Soldier Creek CG. Area A lots of trees and shade; always full, Area B, some shade from trees and a nearby hill; usually open, Area C no shade, open sage brush flat.
There were plenty of open spaces when we got there late Friday evening, yes Friday evening (8:00pm) because of all the road construction it took us 4 hours to get there from Grantsville! [mad] Even arriving that late there were many open sites available.
As far as paying fees for your stay, the camp host comes to you. He arrived about 10 minutes after we got there, 23$ per night, so we paid 46$ for Fri evening Saturday and Sunday. It was a simple process to take care of payment, if you bring cash.
I wasn't impressed that you have to pay to launch even if your paying to stay at the campground, also, the dock issue there is horrible!!! there isn't a walk way from the dock to shore and the docks are falling apart, and have nails and screws sticking out to scratch the crap out of your boat if you're not careful. As many fees as they take in at Strawberry they should have state of the art docks there in my opinion. (RANT) very neglected.
I liked the area we stayed because it has trees to shade your spot in the afternoon. Most spots in area B have grass next to the parking spot for tents so you should be good. There were several tent campers around us. I suspect they were there for the cast for kids event, but even though that was going on there were plenty of open camp sites.
Hope you have an enjoyable weekend there, we sure did......
[signature]
You might try Aspen grove, little smaller but the launch and docks are good. Don't know about the room for a late arrival.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Sounds like we'll have about the same drive as we're coming from Erda.
Sorry to hear about the docks. We were there 2 years ago and it didn't seem that bad, though we only launched a small aluminium boat, not this monstrous pontoon. We reserved and paid for the spa online that time, though.
How was the fishing?
[signature]
I've heard aspen grove is nice, but don't really look forward to the extra drive with the long boat down that road, especially where we're planning on leaving the area a couple times. Thanks.
[signature]