Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cast For Kids
Signed up as a last-second boater last Saturday at the CAST for Kids & so glad I did. Took a mom and her daughters out on Soldier Creek and got a half-dozen fish. Said they got skunked the last two times. Nicely run event, with early morning volunteers organizing everything from signage to sign-ups. Seemed as tho every boat got fish. Beautiful morning with just a ripple of wind. Great annual event. Hats off to all who
participated & donated.
[signature]
I was also up there. Great event! To have those special kids out in the outdoors with family and a chance to catch a fish. My goal was for the six year old boy on my boat to catch a salmon on the pole that was given to him. He already had a fitted life jacket with cast for kids fishing pole and a tackle box full of gear. I rigged him up the salmon set up on a diver and planer board.

We caught a lot of moss that morning and the little guy was so excited about it and started out by putting peices in his pockets and then his Mom got him a plastic grocery bag to fill up. The picture of him holding that bunch of moss in his hands with the huge Smile was priceless. I would post it but I think I might need permission.

We landed 8 fish. He was able to reel in a few Cutts and a couple of small salmon from what I had set up on the downriggers and just as I was getting ready to switch his pole over to a downrigger he got one on. It was quite the struggle to reel in all that gear with that tiny kids pole but he did it. It was a 14.5 in keeper Cutt and he was so excited.

They had a lunch after and recognition for each kid with a nice plaque with their picture on it . Fun times!
[signature]