Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Fish Identification
This site is pretty cool and if you have a picture of a fish you can't Identify send it tothis site and they will Id it for you [url "http://www.thejump.net/id/id.htm"]http://www.thejump.net/id/id.htm[/url] there are some pretty cool looking fish here
[signature]
That looks like a good site and service. Thanks for bringing that to the public here on the boards.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the info! I love seeing pics like these! It helps renew my childish imagination. Kinda makes you want to travel the world with the goal of catching these odd-looking creatures.
[signature]

Hi there Hutch00,

You know what? In Japan we have a fish we call the Huchou or Huchoo? It came from Siberia and it was being raised as a food fish for the Japanese during WWII.

This fish is a real jumper and fishermen up in Chiba Prefecture have been killed by 70lb fish jumping out of the water and hitting them.

Here's a fish I just sent to that site telling them I know what it is but that it would be cool for their collection of pictures............ Now I see it's turned from a .jpeg into an .art file... man! AOL is garbage!!!!!

Later..... I put it in bitmap so.... check it out!

JapanRon
[signature]
That fish looks like he's worried about something. ha ha.
[signature]
[Wink] Must've seen a filet knife...
[signature]
Probably. That would be enough to worry any fish.[cool]
[signature]
that is the most hideous thing I've ever seen.
[signature]
Take a look around my friend. There are many more saltwater creatures that can compete on an ugly contest with that one.[Tongue]
[signature]
Don't forget this guy! It's called an anglerfish, or Cryptosaras couesi.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3003;]

or this one: a coffinfish
[image]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3004;[/image]
[signature]
That coffin fish looks alot like my baby pictures. We have that same eyes. The only difference is that I'm blonde. That one seems to be bald.
[signature]
[Sad] Them is just pure UGLY in a sack!
[signature]
Cool site.

[Image: wels-catfish.jpg]

[shocked]NOW WHAT IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU CATCH THIS BEAST ON???
[signature]
That monster was caught out of texoma and is now in the texas parks and wildlife center in athens, tx. It was caught on rod and reel from what I heard on the news. It is the new lake record at 121 lbs.
[signature]
Wasn't the one out of Texas a Blue Cat fish??? That one in the picture is a Wells Catfish. They will eat almost anything that is available.
[signature]
hey ron thats no fish thats my motherinlaw.
[signature]
I had a friend send me that same pic about a week ago and told me it was the record. I do not fish for catfish, obviously since I cant tell them apart. Sorry to be incorrect. I certainly would like to know the weight of that one. I am going to try to get a pic of the record and post it.

Thanks,

Jesse
[signature]
Here is a couple of pics of the verified record in Texas.

[Image: P2_f_fea_bluecat_rec04_LB2.jpg]

[Image: P2_f_fea_bluecat_rec04_LB1.jpg]

Compare that to this one.

[Image: wels-catfish.jpg]

The Wells Cat in this pic is about 150 to 180lbs. The color is just a little bit different and there is a little bit more texture around the belly area of the Wells. The wells are also not known in the US. They are more popular in France some of the other European contries.

The Wells is is notorious for its tremendous size. Some are said to get about the size of Great White Sharks. They will eat anything from other fish to even picking ducks, geese and swans from on top of the water.

All in all and lb for lb, it is a nice kitty as well.[cool]
[signature]
This is a cool site.

There are some weird looking fish out there in the deep blue seas!!!
[signature]
I'm getting ready for two days of catching some of the wierd ones myself. I will post them on the CA board on Monday morning. Please be sure to visit us over there. All are welcome.
[signature]