Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banner day at strawberry
I took my two daughters and my dad who doesn’t get out very much to strawberry Friday. We hit the water about 6 am and started trolling. Almost immediately we had fish on. We slammed the kokes with about two dozen slot cuts in between salmon. By 10:30 we had boated our limit and headed off the lake just as the strawberry breeze kicked up. What a fantastic final salmon trip for the year! The girls and my dad had a blast and we’ll be enjoying our smoked splendor all winter!
[signature]
Sounds like an awesome time. I heard plenty of people say it was slow for them this past week.

Care to share the colors that were working?
[signature]
Pink and silver dodgers and pink squid with no spinner was hot ticket early and the winner after that was an orange wedding ring.
[signature]
Wow, what a day! We went up early Saturday after the cold front moved in. I think the Kokes had lockjaw. We never hooked one all day and Cutts were even slow. Used the same gear that we had limits on all Summer...

TiteLines
[signature]
We were there all day and didn't get any kokanee. We caught about 10 little cutt's but none of those were big enough to fall into the slot. We tried pink, green, white and purple in both squids, plankton spinners, flies and a Tasmanian devil. Strange thing for us today was we were running a night crawler on leaded line and never got touched.
[signature]
We had squids with spinners, a bill squid and a normal squid with a variety of colors. All did about equal and we did well this weekend.
[signature]
Looks like a great trip! Wish we could have had similar results Saturday but it was just the opposite. Maybe next time for us.
[signature]