Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber below Weber canyon questions
Hey y'all,

I was hoping to borrow on your experiences. I live in the south Weber area and drive by the Weber River dauly and frequently see anglers out, but I can't recall ever seeing a report on here from that stretch of River. My goal this year is learning to fish the rivers, but don't want to get discouraged by fishing where there ain't anything to be caught.

I'm referring to the Weber once it's out of Weber canyon, near the 84/89 interchange, down through Riverdale. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
[signature]
I grew up in South Weber and spent a lot of my youth fishing that river. It is a special place as I consider it my home river. Summer can be tough, with warmer water, but lots of aquatic life in the river. If you are a fly fisherman, caddis nymphs, sow bugs, scuds all work. Also did well with wooly buggers. Muscrat nymphs were our go to pattern back then. I also did a lot of spin fishing catching fish on rapalas, maribou jigs and our favorite summer bait of grasshoppers. I now use plastics when I fish it. Later in the year, Sept through Nov can be really good. Big jigs catch big fish. My avatar picture is a weber river brown trout caught down in the Ogden area. (I've caught bigger).[Wink]
[signature]
Thank you very much! I've always said I wanted to live near the big lakes, but I've never considered how lucky I am to be beside a river. You've given me an itch to get out there and try to learn!
[signature]