Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL 8/20/19
School is back is session so it was just Jim and i today. BLK as he stated in his post was out wit TD. But I didn’t know where they where. We headed to mud lake where Jim had caught a lt on Sunday. It started out quickly for him. He to took a 4-0 lead. The water temp was 70.4 over there fishing in 3 feet. Then I got a couple to make it 5-3. Then he caught a few more to make 8-3. I ran into some fish tying me up into the weeds on 3 occasions. It made for some long reel ins. The bad thing was they were all 18-20” fish. Water temps hit 73 degrees and the fishing dies at 1:00pm. We fishing the day 12 fish Jim and 6 for me.
[signature]
Hey Justin great report, sounds like lots of action for you guys... Probably a little different without the boys... thanks for sharing your report... Jeff
[signature]
It sounds like a good mornings work/fun. Good for you! If you are like me it is nice to have fewer hooks to bait, reels to untangle, fish to unhook etc when their aren't youngsters on the boat. And it seems so quiet. That lasts about 2 trips and then I start to miss them....a little[Wink]
[signature]
I joked with Jim that we are going to have to yell at each other since we didn’t have he kids but having all the lines and hooks and fish to release was nice not having to mess with. I had a dr appointment today and not having to tote kids was weird. I’m going to have to adjust being by myself.
[signature]
I’ve homeschooled a kid every year or had my little one for the the past 6 years so I’ve always had at least one kid with me except on the one or two days a week I worked so adjusting to this year where all 4 boys are in school will be difficult. I won’t have my side kicks.
[signature]
You will at night and on the weekends. Good luck and enjoy the change of pace. Later Jeff
[signature]