Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Fleet How I Love Thee
After putting my disastrous day at Starvation behind me, I headed to Red Fleet today and killed the Perch and Wipers. The Perch are still not my preferred size but culling I ended up keeping 30 that were 9 inches. The Wipers are growing but still need another year to have a population that is worth any kind of drive. There are a few that were stocked in 2015 that are nice fish but are few and far between. My best this year was 5 1/2 pounds and I had to catch a lot of fish to get that one. I had another good day catching 6 species which healed my aching spirit after yesterday. Red Fleet mission accomplished!!! The only picture is a bowl of Perch fillets that are going to hit my deep fryer tomorrow.
[signature]
Congrats on a fine day. How large are the average wipers?
[signature]
Around 12 inches.
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip!
[signature]
Great recovery trip after your other report [cool]
[signature]
Yes, it was a great trip after yesterday and right now I am introducing those fillets to my deep fryer.
[signature]
Great report, it sounds like you are rejuvenated and ready to rock, or get beat up again at Starvation. The suspense is killing me, I look forward to your next report.
[signature]
I hope I look forward to my next report, I wish I could say I was optimistic. One good trip on Starvation and all will be forgiven or at least forgotten until the Devil's Mistress rears her ugly head again.

I have thought about why I fish for the species I do and sometimes it makes sense and sometimes it just doesn't. I chase yellow perch because they are such fine table fare and pretty easy to catch. I fish for Wiper because again good table fare and they fight like no other. Now we come to Walleye while they are great table fare they definitely lack as a fighter for they feel like a log most of the time. They also happen to be ONE of the finicky fish I have ever chased and from one day to the next you have no idea where they will be. Then there are those occasions where you find them but just cant find anything that they think looks good enough to eat. Walleye to me represents a challenge that I often loose and when you have so many other species that are a little easier to target, I just must be a glutton for punishment.
[signature]