Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 24th-25th
Headed up to The berry Friday after work with the intent to spend the night and then get up and fish all day Saturday. As I was getting the boat ready in the parking lot, I was heading to the lodge to take in my stuff when I noticed a guy in the boat just down from mine. He looked very familiar to me so I stopped by and talked to him. After a few minutes we remembered we used to go ice fishing quite a bit back in the day together. After talking to him for some time, we decided we would hit the water when his wife woke up and hit renegade, the knolls and then the narrows. Friday I was able to catch the usual in the meadows and renegade before dark. Saturday we started at renegade and had some luck jigging. After an hour or so we headed to the knolls which was the first for me. We caught a number of fish there and then the wind came up as usual. So off to the narrows and fished the tree line. I had mentioned there were some big ones I have pulled out of the trees, and sure enough, we were able to pull another one. All in all it was so much fun spending time with some good friends fishing and going down memory lane. After 2-3 pm we decided it was too windy so I headed back to the marina to load up and head home. Mike and Rose headed out and they were there getting off the lake as well.

Great weekend and lots of fish seen, and released
[signature]
Craig, Mike mentioned that he ran into you up there. I haven't seen you or him in who knows how long. Glad you caught some.
[signature]