Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miller Flat & Cleveland
A couple of us fished Miller Flat this morning from our tubes using fly gear. We fished from about 9:00 until 12:30 and picked up a number of this years stocked fish from 5" to 15" long. We were using fast sinking lines and size 6 & 8 bead head buggers and leeches in olive, black/silver, black/green/pearl, & black/orange.

The water temperature was 62-65 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 6'. The reservoir level is at 54% full and going down but for this time of year that is great.

We got out and drove over to Cleveland and fished there using the same tackle from 1:00 until 3:00 and picked up some decent rainbows and even a couple of cutthroats. All of the fish were between 12" - 16" long and in good shape.

The water temperature was 63-65 degrees and the visibility was about 8' in the water. The reservoir level is at 88% and dropping slowly.

It was a good day for both fishing and catching but with the Mammoth fire close by we felt like we'd been in a smoker all day[Wink].
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Dont see a lot from that area.
[signature]
You bring back many fond memories of me fishing both of those reservoirs (and several others in the area) and camping, with my parents, when I was just a youngster.
[signature]
I'm glad to refresh your memories from down this way.[Smile]

We are going to fish another spot you are probably familiar with on Friday, Ferron Reservoir.

Tight lines
[signature]
Haven't fished it before, but deer hunted above it many moons ago. In addition to Cleveland and Millers Flat we fished Fairview, Gooseberry, Benches, Boulgers, Joes Valley and of course Scofield. Huntington was just a small reservoir that was drained dry every year in those days.
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl]Huntington was just a small reservoir that was drained dry every year in those days.[/quote]

When I moved down here in the late 70's I went to Huntington fishing on the weekend. When I went to work on Monday the guys told me that they drained it every year.[:/]
[signature]
[quote gofish435]

When I moved down here in the late 70's I went to Huntington fishing on the weekend. When I went to work on Monday the guys told me that they drained it every year.[:/]

[/quote]

Did you catch any fish on that outing?
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl]
Did you catch any fish on that outing?[/quote]

No I didn't and everyone at work thought it was pretty funny that I fished a pond that they drained every year.
[signature]