Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wild day at strawberry
A good way to end fishing for Kokanee

we start fishing in the dark using 4 poles and downriggers
never had 4 poles out fishing at the same time
we had 16 kokes before the sun came up
all dodgers had some green on. all squids were pink
downriggers down 42 to 35 feet. the boat found the kokes because no one was driving it never looked at the fishfinder did not have time.

then went after cuts that was calm, only one time did we have 2 cuts on at the same time.

no boats by us about 15 in the parking lot.

my body and boat need a rest
[signature]
Robert you are definitely the Kokanee King!! Great trip!! It is crazy when it is so busy no one drives the boat. Love that. I am dying to get up there one more time. Dang it.
Too much happening with the holiday and such.
Wish I was with you.

Jared
[signature]
Wow that's great action. I think you could drag a bare hook and still fill the box.
I have found a great recipe for smoked salmon spread. I need some more salmon.
[signature]
Great day on the water and finish out the season
[signature]
Awesome! That sounds like a blast!
[signature]
[quote liketrolling]A good way to end fishing for Kokanee
my body and boat need a rest[/quote]

Are you really ready to throw in the towel Robert? I don't think so, you'll get 2 days rest and find a watering hole to master for another day. On a serious note you had a great haul, there is 2wks left for kokanee and after seeing your report I'm at a temptation for at least 1 more day on the Berry. I would have done it today if it wasn't for some wire chasing I was doing in my boat. I will be, along with many others, hitting the big blue anytime after Labor Day weekend and when this desert furnace extinguishes.
[signature]
Good Job Robert ! Yeah, probably a good idea for you to stop now, So There's at Least 2 Left to do the Spawn!! [Wink]...I had a pretty good year on the kokanee, but I'll always be a willing student of yours....Thanks for posting good, timely info, whether here on the board, or P.M.'s....Kokanee are an amazing resource here in Utah, and our DNR people have recognized that many of us are chasing them; now with additional bodies of water to help support our new habit.....You've helped a lot of us be more successful doing what we enjoy, so thanks.....and Guluk....
[signature]
Ditto, thanks Robert [quote Jmorfish]Good Job Robert ! Yeah, probably a good idea for you to stop now, So There's at Least 2 Left to do the Spawn!! [Wink]...I had a pretty good year on the kokanee, but I'll always be a willing student of yours....Thanks for posting good, timely info, whether here on the board, or P.M.'s....Kokanee are an amazing resource here in Utah, and our DNR people have recognized that many of us are chasing them; now with additional bodies of water to help support our new habit.....You've helped a lot of us be more successful doing what we enjoy, so thanks.....and Guluk....[/quote]
[signature]
Strong work my friend! Way to finish up.
[signature]