Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First try at Utah Lake
Though I would try Utah lake this morning and see if I could get some white bass and catfish (first time fishing at Utah lake, and first time fishing for catfish and white bass). Made it to the state park about 7:30, and got my little fishing boat loaded up and ready, only to realize I forgot to grab my life jacket. Everything went back in the truck and I decided to fish from the Jetty. Managed one white bass on a blue/silver kastmaster. I took a piece of the small white bass and tried a santee rig for cats. Got one bite and managed to get a catfish almost in before he broke off on the rocks.

Going to have to try again soon, but next time I will remember my life jacket.
[signature]
Mike, welcome to the forum. Glad to read you didn't launch without your PFD. Hope you have much better luck on your next trip. [fishin]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Welcome to BFT and thanks for posting. Too bad that you forgot your life jacket, but good call in staying on shore. I have seen some life jackets that can be borrowed (maybe just children size, but also perhaps some adult size) inside of the building there at the park.
[signature]
Thanks Guys for the welcome, and for the info.
Already have the pfd's in the truck, thinking I will give it another shot on saturday morning.
I do have a question though, when catfishing at utah lake (or any lake I guess) and using the santee rig, do you drop anchor and sit in one spot, no anchor and drift, or engage the motor to move real slow? Bringing my son (7 yrs) with me and really hope to get him on some catfish.
Thanks
[signature]
This time of year I like to putt around with the front trolling motor.

I feel it gets the bait in front of fish faster than just sitting in one spot. At times I will drift with the wind if it isn't blowing to hard.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.