Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channel cats in Smith-Morehouse - Really?
I was just looking that the stocking report on the DWR website. It shows that Smith-Morehouse received a stocking of 225 14.94-inch channel cats on Aug 22nd.
Fact or fiction?
If fact, why?
[signature]
That does seem odd. I also noticed that they apparently finally found some sterile walleye to plant in Scofield.
[signature]
I hope that is a error in reporting. Seems odd to plant catfish in a high mountain lake.
[signature]
I agree. I hope it is a mistake.
I like cats, but not there.
[signature]
I sent Chris Penne an Email about your question, seems strange to me too but maybe there is a reason or it was an misprint[:/].
[signature]
Thanks.
I'm looking forward to the answer.
[signature]
Here is what Chris said,
"Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Looks like someone made a clerical error while entering fish from the last catfish stocking into the database. Those catfish were stocked into Smith Park Pond and not Smith and Morehouse Reservoir. The stocking data entry system has a drop down list for entering the name of a water, so that's probably easy mistake to make. We'll go ahead and get that fixed.

Chris"
[signature]
Smith Park Pond.............ok. Those fish will be gone soon if not already.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thank you for finding out!
It might be weird, but I feel relieved.
[signature]
No problem and I hear what you are saying about being relieved. I couldn't imagine them putting cats in a high mountain lake like Smith-Morehouse.
[signature]
I agree Forest, it won't take them long to catch those cats out of there. With it only being a two fish limit there, that will help spread them out, to a few folks anyway.
[signature]