Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirror Lake Highway help
Hey all!

I'm taking my wife and 3 yo boy hiking and fishing around Mirror lake/trial lake tomorrow. I would love to get into some grayling, if possible. Any recommendations that are suitable for a youngster to get to? He has his own rod and is ready for his first fish as well.

Thanks for any help!!! [fishon]
[signature]
Majorie Lake on the Crystal Lake Trail head has grayling that you should be able to catch some. It's about two mile hike in.
[signature]
If that doesn't work out for you you could try Silver Lake Flat Reservoir up AF canyon. You can park within a few yards of the lake. We caught them last year at the top end. They were small but they were grayling and they were beautiful.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks for the info! I’ve wanted to fish that lake but never have. How’s the road up to it? Went a few years ago and it was pretty rough
[signature]
Thanks! Didn’t make it up there, but definitely will in the future.
[signature]
It is rough but I saw all kinds of cars up there. Worth the drive.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Great! I will get up there for sure!
[signature]
Two other grayling options, that are accessible: hoop lake and smith and moorhouse. But Whiskey, the lake, not the drink, will forever be my favorite
[signature]
Didnt know smith and morehouse had them. Whiskey lake sounds great, and it happens to be my favorite drink as well! Thanks for the info!
I hope to see all you guys when Im out catching!
[signature]