Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shake spear rods

Ok, so I found a broken rod last week at the river by my house. it's a shakespear micro graphite rod. I was going to use the handle to make a ice fishing rod but.
when I cleaned up the cork on the handle I noticed that some of the cork was coming off. after looking closer at it I noticed that there was foam under that cork.
what ever that stuff is it looks just cork rings. I just thought I would let you guys know what shakspear is up to.
chuck
[signature]
They do not make most things like they used to but that is good to know. I used to buy Gloomis rods but the cost an their lack of service and honoring their warrantee made me shy away. I for the last couple years have gone to St. Croix when I can afford them and flueger when I can not. I have super happy with both. St Croix makes one he'll of a nice Walleye rod and they stand behi d them.
[signature]
Yea loomis rods are nice, but they quite selling blanks about 8 to 10 years ago, so I haven’t bought a loomis sense. Mud hole sells a MHX rod blanks, with these MHX rods who needs loomis. The MHX rods are super sweet and they have all kinds of different actions to cover a lot of different styles of fishing. The only thing is, you have to build them your self or have someone build it for you.
Shakespeare has never built that top line of rods but have have been around for a very long time producing a lot of fishing rods. I’ve only fished once with a st. Croix so I really can’t compare them.
[signature]