Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day after Labor Day Utah Lake
I was on the water today well before daylight and had my first fish by 6:30. Fishing was some of the best I have ever experienced on UL. I caught fish all morning and finally left with arm cramps at about 11:00. Big, solid fish were biting anything offered today. Caught most of them on wb, others on chubs and carpletts. Still cannot find one to break the 30 inch barrier. I had one at 29 and half dozen at 28, many in the mid-20s. Great weather with overcast skies, calm wind, a few rain drops, and no killer sun.

I zoomed past Richard and violet on my way in and did not recognized them. When I got closer to the launch I could see their truck/trailer in the parking lot so flipped around and went back to see how they were doing. They were half mile or so east of the launch and they were picking up a few good fish. Good to talk to them.

I'm still counting on September to produce some big fish... maybe even one for me.

Good times ahead.

BLK
[signature]
Wow!
Quote:Fishing was some of the best I have ever experienced on UL.
That is saying a lot! The trip after I got my first 29.5 I go 3 of those and a 30. Next trip should do it for you! I'll look forward to hearing your next report!
[signature]
[#0000FF]Oh great!!! You probably sore-lipped them all. I guess there is no reason to even come down Friday.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Oh well, at least I can try our some of my new "Whirly Fligs". Might even let you tie one on.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I’m sure you’ll get rewarded with a 30”er with your hard work and dedication. Heck you deserve it for your kindness in trying to help other boaters in learning about their boat. A true sportsman. So I think on your next trip you’ll get it that’s my prediction from the peanut gallery.
[signature]
Planning to be down to LB tomorrow. Maybe I'll sneak around behind you to see where you southern cat team are hiding the big cats. [sly]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool