Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of questions about Scofield
1. What is the water level like right now?
2. Are there crayfish in there?

Thanks!
[signature]
[quote Matador]1. What is the water level like right now?
2. Are there crayfish in there?

Thanks![/quote]

The reservoir is 83% full, which is great for this time of year, and yes, there are crayfish in there. I've attached a site where you can check the water level.

An algae bloom has been reported but there aren't any advisories on it. With the cooling temps the stuff should start to settle down.

Good luck!

https://www.usbr.gov/uc/water/basin/
[signature]
Thank you very much for the info.
I haven't been there for many years. Now the plan is to go there this weekend.
With what I have learned, I think I'll tote along a crawdad trap too.
[signature]
There are crawdads but they are few and far in between. A few years ago there weren't many at all but we have noticed they are starting to rebound quite nicely. We have only caught a couple each time we have used our trap this year.

SBW
[signature]
Here's the DWR's most recent report on Scofield:

Fishing on Scofield has been great. Water temperature is 63-69 degrees at the surface. The reservoir level is 76% full and rising. There are plenty of rainbows, cutthroats and [red]chubs[/red]. Tiger-muskies are found along the shore in the evenings.

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{[/green][size 4][green]⦇[/green][/size][blue]°>[/blue]
[signature]
Thank you for that added info. Maybe I won't bother to take the traps then. Hopefully the fishing will be as good for us as the report states.
[signature]