Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopeful Catfish Rig
I got a little bored last night and decided to make a new catfish rig. It hasn't been tested yet but should work. After tank testing with bait attached it worked pretty good. Tracked good with a head down slow wobble.
[signature]
It looks interesting. What is it made out of?
[signature]
Hi density foam. 4 layers of 1/16" craft foam laminated together.
[signature]
Looks irresistible to me, cats will go for it. We need an update after cat testing.
[signature]
Looks like cat candy to me. lets us know how she works[fishon]
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
You and TD will have to go into into the manufacturing business when you get older and become partners in the foam industry. I’ll buy stock
[signature]
[#0000FF]Looks good. I am sure it will work. Anything that adds some floatation and color will improve the odds of attracting kitties. I think you have proven that to yourself by now.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Now you gotta make some in fire tiger...and maybe some perple purch...or chartreuse with red spots.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]My latest creations are big fligs with spinner blades on the front. Great for slow trolling but also work well for cast and retrieve. And by wiring the hooks inside you can even use circle hooks...no need for jig hooks. (see attached pics)[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Also working on making some Santee type floats with the spinner blades on the front...without hooks.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Ben, I really like the idea, be fun to hear how it works out...I like being able to put more flotation with the big baits.. Good luck with it...
Pat, they look great too, have you used your motion models yet? One day I need to get some of those purple perch fligs from you... Later Jeff
[signature]
[#0000FF]I've made and used some smaller models successfully. But they are best employed from a moving craft...and I don't troll much in my tube. The principle of rotating blades on a floating device...like the Spin-N-Glos...has been well proven on multiple species. I am confident that even our finicky catfish will approve.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I will likely be making more trips to Willard starting soon. I can let you know when I'm coming up if you wanna meet up somewhere.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Hey Pat that sounds really good... Good chance I may be able to join you, at least in a couple weeks after the deer hunt and such are past... So first week of October on, I should be golden to join you. I look forward to trying to find some of your fall perch and maybe an eye and some sluggish cats... Surprising how fast the water temp is dropping on Cutler right now... It's went from bath tub to ice chest in a couple nights... minnows are starting to school up, but so far only game fish showing up, nothing I can keep for bait... fall came fast this year... I'll keep in touch... Thanks Jeff
[signature]
[#0000FF]Glad to have you join me...when you can. Just let me know when you are free...or at least reasonable. I have 7 day weekends, ya know.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Man that sounds great!! I’ll work on getting the last stuff put to bed for fall and see if I can dust off my fishing equipment. Thanks Jeff
[signature]