Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackfoot
We were lucky enough to get a spot right next to the Little Blackfoot river and the Res. the whole year.
Being a Fly Fishing a holic this is heaven for me.
I even got to sharpen up my Bow Carp Fishing.
The Lake is fickle and it has taking some serious time to "Kind of" get her figured out, but it has been both wonderful and frustrating.
Being able to fish every day is crazy, but I am up for the challenge.
Starting to see some nice size too.
Idaho rocks!
[signature]
Joni,
Nice to have you back posting. Missed you. Mike
[signature]
Why thank you. Spending time reading and catching up.
[signature]
Nice. If you fish below the dam, fish above obstructions rather than below and watch for snakes.
[signature]
Thanks.
[signature]
Nice.
Only got there once this summer. I was there as many as 20-30 times a season for 6-7 seasons running till 16 or 17.

Looking at the one picture the water looks exactly as I would think it would there.
I target carp there with my fly rod because of the water.
I don't even try for trout with my flyrod, mainly because of the water clarity.
I might have to give that a go.
Any tips?

Is the water a little clearer there near the marina?
I know that that entire area across and to the north, closer to the dirt road seems to act like a filter for the lake and when you get out past the island and more into the main body of the lake the water clears up some. Never tried launching from the marina or going in closer to the marina. Maybe it's clearer there?

I keep saying I'm going to get a bow.
[signature]
Actually, I am surprised at the moss in the bay. Always looks like it is turning over. Very few clear water days. I miss the dry fly action. But the Carp are my weakness too. Catching some nice bows right now though.
[signature]
Awesome score on a great camping area. I see that the fish are in your league too. Very nice!
[signature]
Great hearing from you CPierce.
[signature]
Been awhile , Montana was great this year. IMO one of the better years for dries, although everything was late. I did better this year then any I can remember on the big bugs. Anyway good to hear you are still at it .
[signature]
Good hearing from you. sorry for the delayed answer. Closed up the trailer and back in the City of Salt now. However, looking forward to warmer days and back up to Henry Idaho. CARP is my main attraction and Cedar Bay filled that.
[signature]