Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berkely Gulp Shad Guts
I've seen several reference to Gulp Shad Guts. Anybody tried them?
[signature]
I have never tried Gulp Shad Guts, this is the first I've heard that Gulp had them but I can testify that real shad guts work for cats. Some years ago while fishing in Alabama, with my cousin, we caught a bunch of shad and used their guts for bait. In hindsight, I wonder if the shad would have worked just as good as cut bait[:/].
If you try the Gulp Shad Guts, please let us know if it works.
[signature]
Larry, this is first I've ever heard of Gulp Shad guts.
But I do use quite a few different Gulp products, and they have been the most productive plastic bait I've tried. I have a container of the Gulp recharge juice that I put other plastics in with the Gulp grubs, worms, shiners, etc. It must be the Gulp "secret sauce" that makes those things work, cuz I've caught several fish on other brands of plastics that have been in the juice awhile.
Thinking of putting the selection of plastics I got from Curt for that Fishing Report Prize. I tried the "used oil" colored crawdad that was in that package last Saturday. Something hit and stripped it off the hook.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Larry,
This is the first I've heard of them as well... I know I like the Gulp maggots and crappie nibblets, so they will probably work... I'll have to check them out next trip in to get tackle... Thanks for the tips... J
[signature]