Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB report 9/13/19
Mooseman and I hit the lake again today. We took a right out of the channel and ran over to the BS area then out to where there was 10 fow. We strolled along dragging fligs and flaits with our usual white bass and shrimp+worms. We caught cats on all of them. I even caught one on a purchle perp or whatever it is. The second cat I got on a firetiger flig evidently ate it because all I had left was the plain hook. Stuck a fresh bass head on that but we ran out of time before we could give it a fair chance. I broke out of my "two-or-three" rut and caught six. None big enough to get excited about for either of us, just plain old fun catching some good fighters. We caught them at all depths from 5-10'. Water temp was mid-sixties and the air never hit 70. Flat water, nice day.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks for the report Craig, can't say I've ever used a head of any bait fish as bait but I have heard of other doing that. Sounds like a decent day on the water, how many hours were you fishing.
[signature]
Have used White Bass heads at UL several times. On a good size circle hook, the small cats and even other whities peck and nibble at it, and eventually a bigger cat comes along that decides it wants the whole thing. Then the fight is on...........[Wink]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Mooseman can't get there until 8:30 and it takes us a while to launch and deploy all our devices so we probably actually started fishing around 9:30 and headed in at 12:45 so I guess 3:45 real fishing time. We had planned to meet someone at 1:00 but my miscommunication messed that up. Too bad, too, since we were still catching steadily on.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Wow, you did very good if you were fishing for less than 4 hours.
[signature]