Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport trifecta
Thought I'd lick my wounds at Rockport this morning since Echo beat me up last Friday. 63-deg water when I launched at 7. 64 when I got off at noon. On yet another perch search, and in doing so managed some fun smallies (biggest 16") and two 3# rainbows while slowly pulling my Carolina Rigs. Worked a lot of the S end
--- mudflats, boulders, on-shore, off-shore --- everywhere from 10-35'. Saw one
boat that seemed to be hunkered over perch on the SW side and, in giving them a wide path going around them, I figured they were in about 30'. Didn't want to bud in, so I s-curved my way back to the ramp contouring 25-35' and found my own stash around 11:30, but that's when the whitecaps appeared. Normally that would not have been a problem, but my Terrova needs a new gearbox, so I'm trying to limp around this last month or so steering with a jerry-rigged broomstick until I take it in post-season. Got 14 nice ones (biggest just over 12"). Talked to another boat at the cleaning station who got theirs on the NE end out over 40'. Worms got the first responders, then perch strips took over.
[signature]
So that's where them Echo perch went. I hear some good Hyrum reports also. Been a while since I have chased them at either location. You fish Hyrum?
[signature]
I replaced the steering housing assembly on my 36 volt Terrova this summer it is very simple and the replacement was only $117 on eBay brand new.
[signature]
Nice catch, did you by chance find that structure the DWR put in there this Spring?
[signature]