Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall colors
We took a drive up Payson Canyon to just past the lakes looking for some leaves that had changed. And we found some, about three or four. No general turning in sight, of any species. Isn't the season really late? Theories why?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

The warm late summer from roughly Coeur d'Alene to Albuquerque has delayed this regions fall colors. I think the article I saw about a week ago predicted it would be generally delayed until early and mid October (it was on a map) for fall colors .
Try it again in 2 weeks. Either that or drive to the mountains of Nevada but don't head east toward Colorado.
[signature]
Just drove down parlies canyon and its got a good start of red!!
I like diamond fork for red, let me know if you see any.
[signature]
Will do, but I don't expect any real soon. Maybe I'll be happily surprised.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Here you go doitall. The front side of Maple Mountain has lots of red and the aspens are starting to turn yellow. Diamond Fork is on the other side of the mountain and should be similar.
[signature]

Here are a couple pics of the changing colors.
[signature]
Nice. Where is that? It looks like prime time down here with the reds holding on and the aspens starting up.
[signature]

East Canyon
[signature]