Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith Moorehouse
Wow has this placed changed! I have not been fishing anywhere in a few years but have often thought about fishing Smith Moorehouse again. As I turned the corner to see the parking lot, there were probably 20 vehicles there. The water was loaded with swimmers, paddle boarders, power boats, kayaks, canoes, rafts. If it floated, it was there. Quite shocked as I would have thought that water would be too cold to play in. Never tossed a cast. Only saw 3 young men fishing. Decided to head up to Lost Lake on the Mirror Lake Highway because Trial and Washington parking lots were full. The weather was beautiful for a late summer hike I guess. We fished and worked hard to catch a few small rainbow. I did keep a few for a meal for my wife cause she hasn't had fresh trout in a while. The stomachs of those I cleaned were loaded with tiny little black bugs and small pebbles indicating they are bottom feeding. You guys probably know exactly what kind of bugs they were given the time of year and location but I didn't. I found it funny that even though their stomachs were pretty full of bugs they still bit a nightcrawler, powerbait and spinner. I guess they know winter is coming.
[signature]
Welcome to ‘new’ Utah.
Our new State motto should be ‘No place to park’.
[signature]
Yup, everyone who moves here seems to want to be the last one let in [cool]. I grew up twelve miles out in the country and a mile from any neighbors so I am feeling cramped here in rapidly-growing Spanish Fork. And don't even get me started on the crowded freeways. Last year I drove up to Silver Lake Flats Reservoir and was amazed as I looked down on Tibble Fork. Every square foot of it was crowded with watercraft of every kind. Literally, no exaggeration.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

You must have been there on a weekend. I'm retired so I don't fish weekends. But I've heard how bad S&M can get. My friend who has a cabin close by said it's a zoo at times. The Mirror Lake Highway lakes can be the same way on weekends.
[signature]