Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport re-visit
33 air at 7am launch, which made for an icy ramp. Water started at 61, and made it up to 63 by noon check-out. Went to the spot & hovered over a bee's nest of activity. Turns out they were mostly chubs & small perch. Did manage a couple of nice ones, but the chubs beat 'em to the punch. S-curved around, looking for other schools, but same find: small bass & small perch. I'm talkin' 4-5"ers. Tried both corners of the dam & searched the highway corridor. Calmer than forecast, so I went over Chris Penne's structure coords and locked 'em on my ice unit. Thought the original spot deserved one more chance and, yep, they were there. Trouble is, so were the sudden whitecaps & rollers. With my injured Minn Kota (steering with a broomstick
& no spot-lock), I was able to pick up only another four. Plus more chubs. I'm thinking the mid-day winds turn 'em on. Off the water to 70-deg air and nice to
come home to 76 instead of 96. Helping the DWR gill-net Jordy this Friday. Should be interesting.
[signature]
What are the coordinates for the Rockport structures? Looking forward to the Jordanelle gillnet results.
[signature]