Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum shame
Tried Hyrum today. Perch fishing was pretty good. I saw a Sad sight while i was fishing. It was an adult bald eagle flying around with a large tangle of fishing line wrapped around it. The bird was in distress and having a hard time landing and flying. The moral of this Sad story is as fishermen we have got to stop throwing fishing line in the lake.
[signature]
[#0000FF]If you haven't done so already you should report this to DWR. They can often catch a bird or animal thus encumbered and help free it. Otherwise, it might be doomed to starve to death if it cannot hunt successfully.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I saw that happen in Libby Montana several years ago. A bald Eagle had taken a F13 Rapala; I assume it thought that chartreuse minnow thing was real. It has some superline attached. Unfortunately by the time the Park Ranger found out it was a recovery thing, not a rescue.

Yes, we do need to stop tossing line, but I fear that the ones we are telling this to on this site are not the problem. We also need to make every attempt at not loosing lures, etc., etc., but, life and death happen.

It is always Sad, when we see a dead or injured Eagle, or for that matter an injured or dead deer on the side of the road. I do not intend on stopping my driving.