Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really?
I hope if anyone from this forum has this trouble they reach out and ask some more questions or watch more YouTube!
[signature]
LOL, hard to believe anyone would not know the purpose of that so called guide. That's got to be a joke doesn't it?
[signature]
I don’t know another member on another forum posted that from a questions page. As far as he knew it was a legitimate question but it’s a heck of a funny one. Didn’t know poles should come with instruction manuals but with people now days you never know.
[signature]
When I was fighting wildland fires they would issue us new gloves with instructions for use [crazy]. And they had a little tag that said it was a violation of federal law to use them in any way not prescribed therein. Weird and funny. Some people!
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks for the tip! Now I can cast much further!
[signature]
Just saw this post.................[laugh][laugh].......good subject title...........Really ? Kind of hard to believe that was a serious question.
I have several older rods that don't have that little "hook wire" on them. I don't like to hook my lines to any of the line guides, so I took a medium size barrel swivel and used a wire tie "zip strip" to attach one end to the bottom of the pole just above the grip, then I can put my hook or leader snap thru the other end of the swivel. Works quite well.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
That’s a good idea. I don’t like hooking my hooks or swivels to my eyelets on my rod either so I’ll have to try that. I’ve never heard of a wire zip tie before where do you get them? I imagine a hardware store but I just never seen one.
[signature]
Let me get a photo. I'll post in a bit. They come in LOTS of sizes and colors. You can get them from just about anywhere.....Automotive area of Walmart to Lowes in the electrical area to any auto parts store. They come in packages of all one size, or packages of assorted sizes.
As an electronics technician at Hill AFB, and an old active duty Air Force Aircraft electrician, I have these around the house all the time.
The 3 inch to 4 inch should be just the right size. once you pull the loose end thru the slot on the other end, pull tight with a pair of pliers, then cut the excess off with a set of wire cutters, or flush cut end nippers.

I always carry a few in my tackle boxes in case one on a pole breaks, and it happens now and then.
[signature]

Cool
Was using one of my older rods on Willard yesterday. It has one of my "rigged up" hook holders on it.
Photo attached
[signature]

Cool
Thanks give me a good idea I will try it.
[signature]