Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield - Fun day without much company
I had to make a trip up to Scofield today to close up our cabin for the winter. I threw in the fishing gear thinking that I could fish until I got blown off and then go take care of my chores. Well the wind never did get as bad as I thought it would so I was able to fish from 8:00 until 2:30 in my tube.

I used a slow sinking line in the morning and switched to a fast sink in the afternoon using size 6 & 8 crystal buggers and leech patterns. The best fly was a size 6 bead head midnight fire crystal bugger and the best method was getting it to the bottom and then stripping it back to the surface. I never caught anything over 16" and they were all cutthroats. The best part, no chubs.

The water temperature was 56-57 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 4' because of algae. The reservoir is still at 79% full, which is great for this time of year.

There were a couple of boats and a few shore anglers.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I love it when people give real specific info like you did. Nice.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I know the job of the cutthroat. But have they stopped planting bows?
[signature]
[quote doitall5000]I know the job of the cutthroat. But have they stopped planting bows?[/quote]

They stocked 11,600 catchable sized rainbows in June last year and another 12,760 in September.

It doesn't show that any rainbows have been stocked this year yet.
[signature]
[quote gofish435]

[/quote]

I see you fished Scofield on one of the busier days. Sorry, the voices made me do it.
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl][quote gofish435]

[/quote]

I see you fished Scofield on one of the busier days. Sorry, the voices made me do it.[/quote]

[bobhappy]
[signature]