Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hit the berry!!! 9/25/19
First time fishing strawberry! Found fish from 12-25 feet of water. Caught 20 Cutts 15-20” with one slot buster! Also caught 4 rainbows 19”. Started @ 7:30 fished till noon. Fly fished streamers. Caught them on black, brown, red, leaches but, what worked best was white double bunnies and something white I Made up the night before from reading what I could about fishing the berry. Big white and moves water! For sure will have to hit it again soon!
[signature]
I did pretty well myself on Wednesday. Black was my best color. I didn't keep track at how many I caught but did pretty good. I was fishing the Renegade area. Where were you fishing.

I had one huge one take two swipes a my fly while I was reeling in close to the boat. Would have loved to set the hook on him.

The wind came up earlier than usual at 9:00AM.
[signature]
Good job!! What kind of flying where you using?
[signature]
Im not sure the names, first time fishing there. I was on the renegade side. At one point I drove to what I thought was renegade point and to many people for me so I went back north ti the first creek I saw with water and went to the lake from there. That is where I did the best.
[signature]