Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunset over Willard
Got me a mad cookie. Two solid hookups. First one she fought well and it found somthing to hang up on. Could not get it free and the line snapped. Second we were off the handicap dock. Pitch dark and it took off like a torpedo right under the dock full speed. She could not turn it. Line snapped as it went under. She blames me. Say I dont have the big blue cat gear with us that we used in Alabama, when we lived there. Guess I will have to pull them out and get em ready cause she is mad and determined to come back and catch that one.

Oh, ya. Frozen minnows on a modified Santee rig was the gear/ bait
[signature]
I checked your other posts and I like the looks of the modified Santee rig. Brookie used one like that when we fished together at the flotilla and caught a bunch. How much air do you leave in the bubble?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

That bubble is not a favorite of mine for this rig as it tends to seep in water, so I start off empty and by time I check my bait it is often a 1/4 full. There are some specific peg floats designed for the Santee rig that work much better in my humble opinion. Some of them have vibration built in and of course attraction colors to help trigger predatory instincts. Of course that works best when drifting or tugging them behind a boat/tube

I should mention that there are at least 4 ways that I know of (likely more) to rig the Santee bait system. Do a google search and you will see many examples.
[signature]