Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beaver Ponds and Recon, Woodruff & Burch Creek
I took my fly rod up muzzleloader hunting. I have seen fish in a small creek and beaver ponds for several years and remembered to throw in my rod. I spent a lot of years in my youth with a fly rod in my hand and it was good to see that I haven't lost the touch. I could still hit my aiming spots even after many years of not touching it.

The fish were very wary but I still got a couple of takers. My biggest surprise was when I set the hook on one with some shoulders that took me into the willows and snapped me off. I would have loved to see that fish.

The hunting sucked so I took a recon drive this morning over to Woodruff and Birch Creek. I attached some pictures. There were a few people fishing Burch Creek, but no one at Woodruff. Quite a few fish rising at Woodruff, but I didn't give it a try. I only had my fly rod and the fish were out in the middle.
[signature]
Good pics -- tks for posting...I have some (fairly) good memories of Birch Creek and Woodruff res...mostly ice fishing....Woodruff nice cutts if you can bust through the snow, and some nicer tigers and 'bows at Birch Creek, if you're able to bust your butt up and down the face of the dam....Guluk...
[signature]