Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview closed, Newton??
Pineview closed because of alge.
Can anyone tell me if Newton has been good for Tiger musky.
I see the ramp is in the water, but hows the fishing been?
Called Pineview for info. She said cost to launch when open is " I think its $15"
Musky are in a lot of waters are they big enough to be ready for a trip?
[signature]
A friend of mine just showed me a picture of his son in law and grandson with 3 really nice tiger musky caught at Newton so I would say go for it!
[signature]
Pineview only closed to taking your money to launch... The ramp is still open, but they don't charge during the fall and winter... So it's not a bad thing in my mind... As far as Newton goes, I've seen a few nice musky pictures out of there too... They aren't Pineview class fish, but probably between 2-3 feet... Good luck... Jeff
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]

Pineview only closed to taking your money to launch... The ramp is still open, but they don't charge during the fall and winter...

[/quote]

So are you saying that the thread stating that Pineview would continue charging through October 30th has changed?
[signature]
A friend called the office when they seen the other post saying Pineview was closed and he was told that the ramp was open but they no longer would be manning it or collecting the launch fee. As far as the other post, I’ve been off line for a couple weeks so I didn’t see it and I’m not sure which is correct at this point so I think it would be best to check to make sure. I didn’t personally talk to the lady in the office so I can’t say for sure which is true. Sorry I just assumed when I heard this today that it was like usual and we had crossed the seasonal line. Later Jeff
[signature]
I called the company managing the ramp and they said they weren't charging because Pine View is closed because of the alga bloom. I don't know if the ramp is locked off or not.
[signature]
If you are in that area, Newton if fine for Tigers. It has treated me quite well this year. Newton is a bit further and smaller but there is a good variety of other fish to play with as well if you decide to take an intermission from Muskie casting.

Sorry I don't have a comparison with Pineview, I haven't fished it this year at all. I actually have almost kind of given up on the place. So, I am not sure if the algae issue has impacted the fishing this year.
[signature]
Source: [url "https://deq.utah.gov/water-quality/pineview-reservoir-algal-bloom-monitoring-2019"]https://deq.utah.gov/water-quality/pineview-reservoir-algal-bloom-monitoring-2019[/url]

Utah Department of Environmental Quality
Pineview Reservoir Algal Bloom Monitoring 2019

Update September 27, 2019

Browning Point, Windsurfer’s Beach, and Anderson Cove remain under a Warning Advisory.

[#000000][size 2]Where is it noted that Pineview is closed?[/size][/#000000]
Thanks for checking and reporting back. Doesn’t this seem really late in the season for algae bloom? I thought they are hot weather problems? Probably won’t last long with temps in the 30’s. Anyway thanks. J
[signature]
Stand corrected I talked directly with URC management and they decided to close operations early. So they were staying open till end of month but decided not to.
[signature]
[quote talyn]Source: [url "https://deq.utah.gov/water-quality/pineview-reservoir-algal-bloom-monitoring-2019"]https://deq.utah.gov/...loom-monitoring-2019[/url]

Utah Department of Environmental Quality
Pineview Reservoir Algal Bloom Monitoring 2019

Update September 27, 2019

Browning Point, Windsurfer’s Beach, and Anderson Cove remain under a Warning Advisory.

[#000000][size 2]Where is it noted that Pineview is closed?[/size][/#000000][/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Last updated on Sep 29 and still in effect. As to fishing at Pineview, the DEQ says this:[/size][/#800000][/font]
[quote DEG Utah]Preliminary research shows that fish are generally safe to eat. Rinse the prepared fish in clean water prior to cooking and remove all fat, skin, and organs before cooking since toxins are more likely to collect in these tissues.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Since your hands would probably be coming in contact with any fish caught and the contaminated water from which they came, you might want to consider wearing some sort of protective gloves while fishing or carry a container of safe water from home to frequently wash your hands. I'll take the easy way out and not go there while it is contaminated.[/size][/#800000][/font] [cool]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
They probably found there wasn't enough fishermen that wanted to pay $15 a day to cover their wages to stay open, especially with the algae scare on going....

Got a question for those able to answer it, is this algae scare a new strain of algae, or is this something that we have always had, but just never worried about it until lately? I understand that the low water levels and higher nutrient contents may make it more abundant these days, but I'm wondering if this is more a knee jerk reaction to cover the backsides, rather than a dire threat? Hope someone in the know can help us out with that, because I'm inclined to treat it as a warning of something might happen, but it's really not a threat to my health... At least for fishing purposes and I think it's a little too cold to go swimming these days... So I'm thinking if I had time to go chase fall crappie at the view, I'd do it... Later Jeff
[signature]
K2muskie - I fished Pineview twice last week and asked the host then how long the dock would remain in the water. Her reply was until 27 Oct. When you spoke to them, was the status of the dock discussed?
All courtesy docks are pulled. Was there yesterday.
[signature]