Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9/26-9/28 Trip back home to Northern UT
Had to head up to Park City for a work conference, so I spend some quality time on my childhood waters. Hit the Lower Weber and slayed some big, spawning class brownies. They were loving my pumpkin head with a large bh hares ear dropper. Caught only one cutthroat this time, which is unusual...I usually catch a handful in that stretch. Then the next outing was to the middle Provo, just below Jordanelle. I only had a few hours of daylight there, but managed a handful of little browns, including one decent 15" brown that hammered a swinging streamer. The last outing of the trip, we headed up to Strawberry and battled the winds. The fishing was fast and furious, but no slot busters this year. I was throwing a large, white bugger with a large bh hares ear trailer on intermediate line. Luckily we were in my Dad's boat, because being in my pontoon in that wind would have been ridiculous! We spent most of the day at East Portal. We each ended up catching around 40, all cutts. Such a great trip back up home...miss fishing those waters!
[signature]
Sounds like a great time, thanks for the report!
[signature]
I always enjoy fishing home waters. Where ever there are. Looks like a great time.
[signature]
Sounds like an awesome outing! Thanks for the report and sharing the trip down memory lane. Love it!
[signature]
Thanks guys...we are headed back up this next weekend to fish Strawberry. Unfortunately we are hitting it Friday, right after the big freeze, so we will see how the fish have reacted to that. I will report back! Smile
[signature]